Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Finding Tax Assistance

If you're a senior citizen and you'd like some help with your taxes, try the AARP Tax-Aide Locator. Just put in  your address and see places near you that might offer assistance. Sometimes there are earnings caps and you often have to make an appointment, but it might be worth a try. Generally, your local senior center is a good starting point. (Note: This website is only active from late January/early February through tax season, so if you try it at another time during the year, you'll get a message telling you when you can use it.)

If you're not a senior citizen, unfortunately there aren't many places that offer assistance without charging a fee, like H&R Block. However, ask at your local library because they might have suggestions for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment